Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

home

We arrived home safely. What an intense day. I thought I would be so excited to be going home, but on the drive to the airport this morning I was feeling sad. Anton, Katia, and everyone connected with our agency in Russia was just so wonderful to us, so saying good-bye was bittersweet. It was a life changing week, and they shared that with us. When the plane took off, I started crying. I hadn't expected to be affected so strongly. The young Russian woman across the aisle had a very concerned and sympathetic look. She was sitting with her young son, who had dark wavy hair and dark eyes, which of course made me think of what Eli might look like when he is older. Then right before the plane landed, the pilot came on the intercom, and said "For those returning to the USA, welcome home", and I started crying again. I was relieved to be home, but I didn't feel happy because we didn't have Eli with us. When the plane touched down, all the children on board became citizens, and I was touched by that as well. We might be home now, but nothing is the same. Part of my heart is in Russia.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you made it home safely and I'm praying you get a quick court date!! You'll be posting a family pic before you know it!! Hang in there!!

Beth said...

Welcome home Ana - I know it is hard when a big piece of your heart is still in Russia. I am sure you will hear of your court date soon, until then - SHOP! I have been shopping for Jaxon and getting everything ready and it is therapeutic :)

Tiger & Kar said...

Welcome home Ana & Russ! I cried as I read your post. I can only imagine how difficult it was to leave Eli behind. Thankfully CSS has been able to get a very quick turn around on court dates and I pray the same holds true for your family. Before you know it, Eli will be home!!

Lauri said...

I can so relate to feeling like something is missing... leaving your heart in Russoa... that is the worst. We used CSS and had a very quick turnaround. Try to get your rest & get prepared.... cause your life is gonna change is the best & most exhausting way possible