Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

can't we just go already

Ok, I'm ready to go now. It's time. I wish we could get on the plane RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

I finally got my packing issues resolved. Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions. I took some things out and rearranged, and now we have 2 backpacks as carry-ons, 1 duffel and 1 19" suitcase. Once that was done, I felt so much better. I felt stressed yesterday, but now I feel excited.

Only 3 more days to get through, and then we'll be on our way to meeting our baby! We're leaving late Friday night, actually early Saturday morning. We're heading out at 1:00am, driving to the Atlanta airport for our morning flight to NY. Since I haven't mentioned it yet in this paragraph, I really wish we could leave right now!

I think about the baby and wonder what he/she is like, what he/she is doing, which orphanage he/she is in. I can't wait until I have a sweet face on which to focus my love, thoughts, and prayers. Just a few more days.

2 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Yikes! 1am??!! I know at least 2 people who aren't getting any sleep Friday night. How long of a drive will it be to get to Atlanta?

I know I've told you this at least a billion times, but I'll tell you again - I am SO VERY EXCITED for you! This is a heck of a way to introduce R to flying! How's he holding up?

We're praying for safe travels and a wonderful meeting with your little one on Monday!

Beth said...

Your excitement is contagious! I was not as eager for trip #1 (worried about leaving Luca), but am trying to just get through the days until trip #2 and #3. If your little one is in Podolsk, send a kiss to our Jaxon for us! Can't wait to hear all about your little one on Monday!